DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
To create a centre of excellence in teaching, learning and professional environment in the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering addressing emerging and existing challenges striving to meet the requirement of both industry and society.
To provide value-based quality technical education and training with continuous improvement in the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering.
To develop professionals to meet the requirements of industry and society.
To promote innovation, dedication, and hard work with ethically and professionally responsible behaviour.
Programme Educational Objectives
Graduates will be able to solve real-world problems and engineering problems by applying fundamentals and recent technologies in the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering.
Graduates will be able to perform well in design and development of software product formulating necessary requirements through effective communication.
Graduates will be able to take up higher studies and innovative projects.
Graduates will behave in an ethically and professionally responsible manner.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The curriculum of Computer Science & Engineering covers all Information Technology related aspects like various programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby on rails, Perl, etc., Desktop application development, website development, cloud computing, networking and many more. Computer Science & Engineering at Jain college of Engineering, Belagavi is a unique blend of various value added programs along with regular university curriculum. Career wise, the degree of bachelor in Computer Science & Engineering opens up a world of opportunities in IT for its bearers. Many IT positions require a Computer Science & Engineering graduate for its advancement. Computer Science & Engineering degree is also beneficial to set up entrepreneurial ventures in the field of Information technology and business.
Jain college of Engineering, Belagavi is an institution of the renowned JGI group (Jain Group of Institutions), Bengaluru, which is a conglomerate of 65 world class educational establishments across India. From a modest beginning in the early 1990s, today JGI with its vision of human development at all levels through education and entrepreneurship to build sustainable communities has become a benchmark in the education sector of our country.