Jain College of Engineering
Department of MBA
Details of the visit :
The main aim of Study Tour is to aid students to acquire basic knowledge of functioning of the Industry. Study tour emphasizes experiential learning and offer both group and self directed activities that enable learners to explore various industries cultures, practices and people.
Day 1: (22nd September 2015)
· Company visited: Nestle India Limited, Goa .
· Time: 03.00PM to 05.30PM.
· Company Profile:Nestle India Ltd, one the biggest players in FMCG segment, has a presence in milk & nutrition, beverages, prepared dishes & cooking aids & chocolate & confectionery segments. The company is engaged in the food business. The food business incorporates product groups, such as milk products and nutrition, beverages, prepared dishes and cooking aids, chocolates and confectionery. Nestle India manufactures products under brand names, such as Nescafe, Maggi, Milkybar, Milo, Kit Kat, Bar-One, Milkmaid and Nestea. The company has also introduced products of daily consumption and use, such as Nestle Milk, Nestle Slim Milk, Nestle Fresh 'n' Natural Dahi and Nestle Jeera Raita. The company's brands include milk products and nutrition, prepared dishes and cooking aids, beverages, and chocolates and confectionery. Their milk products and nutrition includes Nestle Everyday Dairy Whitener, Nestle Everyday Ghee, Nestle Milk, Nestle Slim Milk and Nestle Dahi. Beverages Include Nescafe Classic, Nescafe Sunrise Premium, Nescafe Sunrise Special and Nescafe Cappuccino.
Students of III Semester MBA programme of Jain College of Engineering, Belgaum visited NESTLE on 22ndSeptember 2015.
The students were exposed to the entire production system at Nestle. The detailed process of conversion of raw materials to finished products , packing & transportation of various confectioneries were explained to the students at plant and video session was useful for understanding the history and growth of the NESTLE. Students received adequate knowledge on production and layout facilities.
Day 2: ( 23rd September 2015 )
· Company visited: Kingfisher (UB Group) (Beer Bottling Plant), Goa.
· Time: 10.30 AM to 12.00 PM
· Company Profile: Kingfisher is an Indian beer brewed by United Breweries Group. The brand was launched in 1978. With a market share of over 36%, it is India's largest selling beer, with 1 out of every 3 bottles of beer sold in India being a Kingfisher brand. It is currently available in 52 countries outside India. Company has beer manufacturing and bottling plant. It manufactures Lager Beer which is a type of beer that is fermented and conditioned at low temperature. Plant runs on total automated system. Every operation is carried out by machines in guidance of skilled workforce. They have bottle washing conveyers, bottle loading conveyer, bottle rinse, beer manufacturing setup, bottle filling process which is maintained at 0 Degree Celsius temp., pure hot water jet maintained at 90 Degree Celsius is used to remove the air from filled bottles, capping of the bottles and labelling is done at the end.
All the students witnessed the complete operations involving the manufacturing processes, quality control activities, bottling processes etc.
We express our thanks to the HR Manager who permitted us to go on the visit and the officials who explained the various departments.
Faculty Coordinators from MBA Department :